Scripture and Song - A Four-Week Daily Devotional Guide
- What the Bible teaches about music
- How to read music and play the piano
- Helps for songleading and hymnplaying
Some ways this daily devotional guide with musical instruction can be of help:
- Personal or Family devotions, even for "non-musicians"
- Clarifying or strengthening convictions, answering questions, or being equipped to help others
in the area of music
- Sunday school classes and group Bible studies
- Pastors or Sunday school teachers who want to give a series of messages on music
- Junior / Senior High Bible class or Music class
- Bible colleges and institutes - philosophy of music, music training, personal growth and victory
- Music teachers
- Choir directors and choir members
- Instruction and challenge for anyone involved in music or wanting to learn music
It’s not only for musicians, and it’s not just about music.
The contents of this book can help you spiritually. Glorifying God in all areas of life, Spirit-filled living,
and memorizing Scripture are taught and emphasized. Those who do not consider themselves to be
musicians or musically inclined can still benefit greatly from this devotional guide.
About the Authors
James and Suzanne Hood are in full-time evangelism ministry,
seeking to serve the Lord outside the U.S. primarily. They
were married in 2003. Currently, they have one son, Caleb
Daniel, and their home is in Greenville, SC. They are active
members of Hampton Park Baptist Church.
James graduated from Bob Jones University in 1999 and
received additional ministry training at Ambassador Baptist
College. Suzanne earned a Bachelor's degree in Music from
Bob Jones University in 2000 and a Master's degree in
Counseling in 2002.
Since 1995, James has been very active in evangelism ministry — both in the U.S. and nine other countries;
and Suzanne has been teaching piano. The experiences that the Lord has given them through these
years of ministry have helped them develop an understanding of the needs of people, as well as
compassion and sensitivity to seek to meet those needs effectively.